Monday, August 18, 2008

My office at RAPIDS:

In all my 13 years at World Vision, I've only had a cubicle...and now I have an actual office with a door that closes! It's small, but lovely!

I know some of my WV US co-workers would love it because they could clip their nails without being hassled by everyone within earshot - AND talk as loudly as they want...

RAPIDS is in a house that's been fixed up for offices (I understand there is a shortage of office space so many organizations have taken over houses. The HEA office is also in house because there's no room at the National Office).

I am just down the hall from the main receptionist, next to me is the IT guy (with the server) - what could be better?, then Monica Mutesa, Bruce's assistant, then Bruce's office (in what I think would be the master bedroom since he has his own bathroom) and a porch. Several others have their offices in what must be add-on space...

The view out my two windows: one window looks out onto the office junk pile. Not quite sure why there are old motorcycles, beat-up bicycles, lots of tires, etc. but that's one view.

The other window looks out onto the yard with a partial view of the parking lot. I don't think Bruce counts the cars in the morning/evening like some people we know!!!


I can't complain - I have windows, the sun streams in, there's a nice breeze when the windows are open (no hermetically sealed, temperature controlled building here!). When it gets warmer (in the next month or so), I'll turn on the fan.

1 comment:

wilsons said...

How great to catch up with your blog! I can't believe you are already there and the kiddos are in school. Where have we been??!!
peace and joy to each of you and a huge high five to the courage of Peter and Sophie!
We love you guys and are praying for you.
sheena & john