Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sophie's Journal Entry


Sophie wanted to take a stab at writing in the family blog about her last days of school; enjoy!


Just when i was settling into a comfy chair and getting a good read in New Moon, "Riiing.....the phone went off. "I'll get it", i said like always when the phone rang.


"Hello this is Sophie!" Hey Sophie its Angela!" she said in a sad but happy voice. "whats up", i asked wondering why she was calling me. "listen, i hope you will be sad but.. I'm moving..."WHAT?!" She went on, "yeah i know, i can't believe it either but my dad got a job in Maryland and we are all moving there this summer!"....then there is just a silence...i mean, what am i supposed to say after that?" I finally have enough air to say my "I'm sorry" and "I will see you at school".


When i put down the phone i went straight to my room. i had to sit down. Really, i didn't know how to react to that phone call or what to say. i was just stunned; like i got hit by a block! Confused, sad, angry, stunned, worried! But, everybody felt it at the international school. Friends would be leaving because their parent's contracts would be up and i just had to except the fact that this is how you live overseas.


Almost half my class was leaving and moving around the world; places like Cambodia, America, Scotland, South Africa, and other countries. When it got down to the last day of school, everyone was crying! They had been with many of the people that were leaving for a long time over the years. Even though i only came to Zambia the last school year, i felt myself shedding a few tears.


Everybody was just so close to everyone else that we all had a hard a hard time saying goodbye. This past school year, everybody went through a lot; parties, sleepovers, and even school! Our class was kinda like a play; we all had parts in the school year and even though there might be empty spots, 'the play must go on'. This concept i experienced at school was how you lived overseas and i just had to get used to a different way of living!

4 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Fascinating, Sophie. Would you consider giving my eighth grade class in Denver a few "international perspective" words every now and then? We are an IB school, but most of the kids haven't traveled outside of Denver itself. Great post! You are a good writer!
~Karen Maston (o;

Sophia Fei Macek said...

Yeah Sophie It was wonderful I loved It, I think you should be a writer! thanks for everything and hey I bet Angela Misses you so much :) Love you lyk a sista illy <3

Sophia Fei Macek said...

Hey sophie if you haven't gotten this yet please ask your mom just read my comments! miss you :(

Unknown said...

Wow Miyon... looks like you have a writer on your hands! What a beautiful and clearly talented family. Blessings, Carrie Davis